Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 1

BUCK is just waking up. He sees that JUNE is still asleep next to him. He smiles, kisses her on the cheek and slowly gets out of bed to go to the bathroom.

BUCK thinks - Sometimes I hate being a morning person. I wish I could sleep late like June. Damn, it's Saturday and I'm up already.

(BUCK starts to brush his teeth.)

BUCK thinks - Well I'm glad I'm up anyway. I can make a quick breakfast and go shoot some hoops. Then go see Gi...

(BUCK hears his cell phone ring.) BUCK thinks - Damn! (BUCK tries to hurry from the bathroom before his phone wakes up JUNE.)

BUCK thinks - Dammit! Who the hell is callin' me this early anyway?

(BUCK grabs the phone and answers it as JUNE slowly rolls over under the sheets.)

BUCK whispers - Hello?

GINGER - Hey.

BUCK thinks - Damn.

BUCK whispers - Why are you calling me so early?

GINGER - What's the matter? You got company?

(BUCK looks at JUNE who moves under the sheets. She struggles to open her eyes.)

JUNE - Good mornin' handsome.

(BUCK covers the phone.)

BUCK - Hey. Sorry I woke you up honey.

JUNE - It's okay.

(JUNE stretches and smiles at BUCK.)

JUNE - Who's calling this early?

BUCK - Oh this?

(BUCK starts to leave the room with the cell phone to his ear.)

BUCK - It's Kenny. I'll tell him you said wassup. Go back to sleep sweetie.

--------------------------

Kappa Alpha Psi brother ERIC is in his room on his computer. He is finishing a research paper that he was suppose to email to his professor yesterday.

ERIC thinks - Okay, this looks good but this page doesn't correspond to the outline correctly. Damn what did I forget?

(He scrolls back to the beginning to make corrections as his girlfriend AKINA comes behind him and hugs him.)

AKINA - Hey baby.

ERIC - Hey.

(She kisses him on the cheek.)

AKINA - You finished yet?

ERIC - Almost. Just gotta change one last thing.

AKINA - Did you come to bed at all?

ERIC - No.

(He's reading as he is talking to her.)

AKINA - I didn't think so. I missed you.

(She hugs him again. He continues to read.)

AKINA - So how much longer you think?

ERIC - It shouldn't be...long at...

AKINA - Why didn't you have it finished by Friday?

ERIC - Akina, you know I procrastinated.

(AKINA giggles.)

AKINA - Mmmm hmmmm.

(He really isn't paying attention to AKINA as he is reading and scrolling to make his last correction.)

AKINA - Well let me let you finish. I know you need to concentrate.

ERIC - Uh huh.

(AKINA kisses his cheek one last time and goes into the bathroom.)

ERIC thinks - Okay...okay...oh here it is! Good! I have to add this section to the front! Damn, how did I forget this?

(ERIC starts to make the changes to the paper.)

ERIC - Akina I'm finishing up so I can play with you now.

AKINA - What?

(AKINA is in the shower.)

ERIC - I said I'm finished so I can play with you now!

(She laughs.)

AKINA - Okay!

ERIC thinks - Okay good! Finished! One last look through.

(ERIC looks through the entire document just to make sure.)

ERIC thinks - Okay finally done.

(ERIC logs on to email the paper over.)

ERIC thinks - What the...

(ERIC's internet connection boots him offline.)

ERIC thinks - Why! Come on man!

(He tries it again and he can't connect to the internet.)

ERIC - Shit!

AKINA - What? What happened?

ERIC - I can't log on!

(AKINA opens the bathroom door. She has a towel around her waist and she is using another towel to dry her hair.)

AKINA - Yeah, I meant to tell you that. I tried to log on last night and I couldn't get on either.

ERIC - Really? This is a great time for this to happen! Shit!

AKINA - Well calm down sweetie.

(ERIC reaches into his drawer and grabs a disc.)

ERIC - I gotta burn this and send it off from somewhere else.

AKINA - Yeah, that'll work.

(AKINA turns to continue with her hair.)

ERIC thinks - Damn, I'm already late as it is with this.

(ERIC burns the CD and ejects it.)

ERIC - I'll be back. AKINA - Okay!

(ERIC grabs a baseball cap and throws it on and walks out the door. He pulls his cell phone out of his pocket and dials.)

JAY - Yo wassup E.

ERIC - What you doin'?

JAY - Chillin'. Wassup?

ERIC - Yo, I need to swing by real quick, I gotta send this file off to my professor and my computer is trippin.

JAY - Aight cool. What time you comin'?

ERIC - I already left. I'm on my way.

JAY - Cool yo.

(They hang up.)

ERIC thinks - I can't believe this bullshit is happe...

(The elevator opens and ERIC hesitates before he steps on as there is an awkward silence.)

JESSICA - Hi Eric.

ERIC - Hey Jess, what's goin' on?

----------------------------------

MALCOLM is in his room. Both of his pledgees are in the kitchen cooking him breakfast. He yells out to the kitchen.

MALCOLM - Hey! What's taking you two so long!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - We're almost done.

MALCOLM - We're almost done who?

CENTAUR DWAYNE thinks - Oh shit! I forgot!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - We're almost done Big Brother Double Dribble!

MALCOLM - Well hurry up! I'm hungry!

(MALCOLM grabs his remote and turns the tv on.)

MALCOLM thinks - I'll probably go shoot around today.

(There is a knock on his bedroom door.)

MALCOLM - What!

CENTAUR DWAYNE - May we enter Big Brother Double Dribble?

MALCOLM - Yeah.

(CENTAURS DWAYNE and MARK enter the room. DWAYNE is carrying a tray with a plate of pancakes and bacon. MARK is carrying a glass of orange juice and a glass of milk.)

MALCOLM - Took long enough.

CENTAUR MARK - We apologize Big Brother.

MALCOLM - Yeah yeah whatever. Sit it down right here and you two sit over there.

(They do as he requests.)

MALCOLM - Did you make the bacon crispy like I like it?

(The telephone rings.)

MALCOLM - Pass me that phone?

(DWAYNE gives the phone to MALCOLM.)

MALCOLM - Hello?

SAIFA - What's up bruh?

MALCOLM - Saifa! What up my brother?

SAIFA - Cool man. Did you hear what happened over at Ahpla?

MALCOLM - Yo kid! I did hear that shit! Hey, hold on.

(MALCOLM turns to his pledgees.)

MALCOLM - You guys go into the other room. I'll be right out. Hurry up!

(They quickly leave and MALCOLM gets out of bed.)

MALCOLM - Man what happened!

SAIFA - To make a long story short, somebody pulled a publicity stunt to make frat look bad.

MALCOLM - But people should know better than to think that it was us right?

SAIFA - People believe what they see. Ya know?

MALCOLM - Damn.

(MALCOLM pulls on his sweat pants while he is talking.)

MALCOLM - So what's the game plan?

SAIFA - Well Colin is talking to President Bryce over here and hopefully the whole thing can get squashed.

MALCOLM - Well keep me posted man.

SAIFA - Yeah. When he lets us know what administration says, we're gonna have a meeting about it so yall make sure yall can come through.

MALCOLM - Cool just let me know when.

SAIFA - Aight frat I will. How's the Centaurs?

MALCOLM - They're a bunch of idiots.

(They both laugh.)

MALCOLM - I'm bout to take them fools out. Shoot a few hoops probably but get a chance to talk to em a little more.

SAIFA - Aww, quality big brother time.

MALCOLM - Whatever! Lata bruh!

SAIFA - Peace.

(They hang up and MALCOLM carries his uneaten food back to the pledgees.)

MALCOLM - Put this in the fridge and yall come on. Grab my basketball.

(They do as he says.)

MALCOLM - We're just gonna across to the park. I can shoot a few hoops and talk to you fools.

CENTAURS - Yes Big Brother Double Dribble.

(They leave the room and walk down the hall.)

MALCOLM - Yall memorized my greeting yet?

(DWAYNE looks at MARK and tries to figure out what he should answer.)

MALCOLM - Never mind. Shit! How hard is it?

(They go outside and MALCOLM starts to dribble the ball between his legs and behind his back.)

MALCOLM - So talk to me. Mark, what do you think of your intake process so far?

CENTAUR MARK - I feel like I've learned more in the last few days then I have in all my time at Amgis.

(MALCOLM laughs.)

MALCOLM - Does that mean you're learning a lot now or you haven't learned shit since you been at Amgis?

CENTAUR MARK - Oh that means that...

MALCOLM - I'm kidding man. Continue.

CENTAUR MARK - Also, I feel like...

MALCOLM - Wait, wait. Is that Buck over there?

(They look across the court and see BUCK walking.)

CENTAUR DWAYNE - Yes Big Brother Double Dribble. That's Buck.

(MALCOLM smiles.)

MALCOLM - But who's that girl that he's with?

---------------------------------

AHMAD pulls out his cell phone and dials.

SHAREESA - Hey.

AHMAD - What's up?

SHAREESA - Nothin' much. I gotta work today.

AHMAD - You do? Why?

SHAREESA - I got a presentation next week that I have to get ready for.

AHMAD - Damn. Well you do your thing.

SHAREESA - Yeah whatever!

(They both laugh.)

SHAREESA - What's up with you for today?

AHMAD - Me and Seth are about to head back home. I'm at Brandon's room over at Ahpla.

SHAREESA - So early on a Saturday?

AHMAD - Oh we crashed over here. I was talking to his brother Brendon about the frat for a while.

SHAREESA - Brandon has a brother?

AHMAD - Yeah, remember he's a twin.

SHAREESA - Really? Oh wait, that does sound familiar. Why would I've known that?

AHMAD - Well he wants to be a Kappa.

SHAREESA - That's it! I met him when I was dating Gregg.

(awkward silence)

AHMAD - So anyway.

SHAREESA - So you were talking to him about your frat?

AHMAD - Yeah.

SHAREESA - Why if he wants to be a Kappa?

AHMAD - Well the Kappas at Ahpla got some serious issues right now. Supposedly they're in big trouble and the chapter is all screwed up.

SHAREESA - Really?

AHMAD - Yeah. They got a real high strung neo and stuff just aint sweet over there.

SHAREESA - Oh yeah, Mike.

AHMAD - Yeah. Him. So Brendon may be reconsidering. He doesn't want to come into a messed up situation.

SHAREESA - Damn. It's that bad?

AHMAD - That's what I've heard. I don't know. But I know some shit is up because they got into a fight with themselves up in the lobby of the dorm.

SHAREESA - What?

AHMAD - Yeah. Xavier punched Mike in the face.

SHAREESA - No!

AHMAD - Yep.

SHAREESA - That has to be a rumor!

AHMAD - No I saw it happen!

SHAREESA - You saw Xavier hit somebody?

AHMAD - I swear.

SHAREESA - Oh my gosh! Things must be terrible!

AHMAD - That's what I'm saying. Well anyway, call me from your office when you get a break okay?

SHAREESA - Aight I will.

AHMAD - Talk to ya lata babe.

SHAREESA - See ya.

(They hang up and SHAREESA starts to dial.)

SHAREESA thinks - Okay this is crazy!

XAVIER - Hello?

--------------------------------

(The elevator opens and ERIC hesitates before he steps on as there is an awkward silence.)

JESSICA - Hi Eric.

ERIC - Hey Jess, what's goin' on?

JESSICA - I'm good. How are you?

ERIC - Stressed girl.

JESSICA - What's the matter?

ERIC - I got this assignment that I procrastinated on.

JESSICA - As usual. I see things haven't changed.

ERIC - Shut up!

(They both laugh.)

ERIC - Anyway, I just finished it and all I gotta do is email it over and my computer startin' trippin'. I couldn't send it to my professor.

JESSICA - Oh really?

ERIC - Yeah.

(The elevator stops at JESSICA's floor. She holds the door open.)

JESSICA - So what are you gonna do?

ERIC - Well I was gonna run over to Jay's real quick to send it over.

JESSICA - Aren't you on a time deadline?

ERIC - Hell yeah. It was due yesterday.

JESSICA - Well why don't you come down to my room and send it off? Why go all the way over to Jay's? You can have it sent from my room in the next five minutes.

(silence)

(The elevator starts to buzz because JESSICA has been holding the door open too long.)

JESSICA - So what ya gonna do?

ERIC - Aight cool. Thanks Jess.

(They both step off the elevator.)

ERIC - I appreciate it.

(They begin walking toward her room.)

JESSICA - Oh no problem at all.

(They get to JESSICA's room and she pulls out her keys.)

JESSICA - You hungry or anything? My mom sent me a peach cobbler.

ERIC - Word! Oh shit you know I love that peach cobbler.

(JESSICA laughs.)

JESSICA - Well if you're nice to me, I may give you some.

(ERIC laughs.)

ERIC - You may?

(As JESSICA opens the door, the door across the hall opens. ERIC turns around as he hears his name called.)

RENEE - Uh...hey Eric. What's up?

-----------------------

SHAREESA - Hey Xavier.

XAVIER - Shareesa?

SHAREESA - Yeah hey hon!

XAVIER -Oh my gosh, what's up?

SHAREESA - I'm good, how you been?

XAVIER - Um...I'm okay.

SHAREESA - Is this a bad time?

XAVIER - Well kinda. I'm over here at April's. Can I call you back?

SHAREESA thinks - April's?

SHAREESA - Sure. Hit me back I gotta ask you something.

XAVIER - Okay cool.

SHAREESA - Bye.

XAVIER - Bye.

(They hang up.)

SHAREESA thinks - April's?

(SHAREESA puts her phone down.)

SHAREESA thinks - Xavier hit Mike? What the hell?

(SHAREESA looks at her clock.)

SHAREESA thinks - Dag, I gotta get ready to get out of here.

(She stares down at her phone.)

SHAREESA thinks - No. No.

(She gets up and walks into the bathroom. She runs her fingers through her hair as she turns the water on in the shower.)

SHAREESA thinks - Oh what the hell.

(She turns the water off and walks back into the bedroom. She picks up the phone and sits on her bed.)

SHAREESA thinks - Do I want to do this?

(She pauses. Then dials.)

GREGG - Reece?

SHAREESA - Hey Gregg.

GREGG thinks - Oh shit!

GREGG - Hey Reece.

SHAREESA - How are you?

GREGG - Chillin'. How you boo?

SHAREESA - Good. Question for you.

GREGG - Answer for you.

SHAREESA - Are yall having problems in the chapter?

GREGG - Huh?

SHAREESA - I just been hearing some stuff about the Kappas at Ahpla and I want to make sure it's not nasty rumors.

GREGG - What'd you hear?

SHAREESA - Just that yall got some internal issues that are starting to become external.

(GREGG laughs.)

GREGG - Oh yeah? That's what you heard? Where'd you hear that from?

(silence)

SHAREESA - Um...Ahmad told me.

(silence)

GREGG - Who told you?

No comments: