Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 23

TIA is in her room and on the phone with her soror CAMILLE.

TIA - Stop laughing! This is not funny!

CAMILLE - Ha ha ha ha I'm sor ha ha ha sorry! Wait wait! Tell me what happened again... hee hee.

TIA - No!

CAMILLE - Oh come on Tia, you know this is funny as hell! Tell me again.

TIA - I already told you, we went out to eat and Ahmad was there with his girlfriend.

CAMILLE - Ha ha ha ha ha!

TIA - I don't know what's so damn funny! This is all your fault!

CAMILLE - Ha ha ha, well you should thank me then! Ha ha ha!

TIA - Thank you? For what?

CAMILLE - Because if you had never sent that email, you would never have known that Ahmad is off limits.

TIA - Yeah but since I sent the email, to apparently the wrong address, now I got someone liking me that I think is mad corny.

CAMILLE - Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

TIA - Shut up!

CAMILLE - Oh God this is hilarious! Hey, ha ha ha ha, speaking of corny dudes, how is Phil?

TIA - You know what! Don't get hung up on!

CAMILLE - How does he feel about you trying to get with Ahmad? Ha ha ha!

TIA - I wasn't trying to get with him. I just wanted him to know I think he's cute.

CAMILLE - Yeah right heffa! You know you wrong!

TIA - I would've never acted on it if you hadn't pushed me first!

CAMILLE - Oh blame me why don't ya! Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

TIA - I hate you.

CAMILLE - No you don't!

TIA - I really do this time.

CAMILLE - Uh huh... whatever.

TIA - Well anyway, like you said, Ahmad is off limits so case closed on that one.

CAMILLE - And what about Seth? Doesn't he really like you now?

TIA - He likes me because I sent him that letter. That's probably the most excited he's ever gotten from a girl.

CAMILLE - Don't say that! That's mean T!

TIA - No that's true. The brother has no game! I told you he's corny,

CAMILLE - Ha ha ha ha ha!

TIA - Stop laughing dammit!

(Even TIA cracks a smile and laughs.)

CAMILLE - Man, this is too much! Ha ha ha!

(TIA's other line rings.)

TIA - Hold on, this is probably Phillip.

CAMILLE - Oh so now he's Phillip huh? Ooooooh!

TIA - Shut the hell up before I hang up on you! Hold on!

CAMILLE - Ha ha ha ha, aight!

(TIA clicks over.)

TIA - Hello?

SETH - Hey, its Seth.

(silence)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCUS is chillin in his room with RASHIM. They are watching the game on television.

RASHIM - What the fuck man! These niggas can't play no defense! We could go out there and beat them man damn!

(MARCUS laughs.)

MARCUS - You talk a lot of mess, you know that?

RASHIM - But I can back it up nigga! What!

MARCUS - Whatever Ra. Whatever.

RASHIM - What the fuck happened to the pizza you ordered?

(MARCUS checks his watch.)

MARCUS - Hey, it has been a while huh?

(MARCUS gets up and walks toward the window. He looks out at the front of the dorm.)

MARCUS - I don't see no pizza delivery car or nothin' either.

RASHIM - Damn, I aint payin'!

MARCUS - Nigga, you wasn't payin' for it anyway! I got the money!

RASHIM - Oh yeah... well you get the point.

(They both laugh.)

MARCUS - Oooh, look at these two girls out here man!

(RASHIM jumps up and runs to the window.)

RASHIM - Where! Where!

(MARCUS starts to laugh loud.)

MARCUS - I was just playin' man! Look how fast you got up man! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

RASHIM - Man, don't be playin'! You say its some freaks outside and a nigga is gonna get up! Ha ha ha!

(As soon as they both sit down, there is a knock on the door.)

RASHIM - Pizza man! Right on time!

MARCUS - Good!

(MARCUS grabs his wallet and goes to the door. He opens it.)

MARCUS - Oh hey!

RENEE - Hey, how are ya?

MARCUS - Uh... good, come on in.

RENEE - Thanks. Sorry I didn't call first but...

MARCUS - Oh that's okay. I wasn't busy or anything. We're just watching the game and we ordered some pizza which is taking forever.

RENEE - Ha ha ha, I know how that is. Hey Rashim.

RASHIM - Renee, what's the deal?

RENEE - I'm okay. Good to see you.

(RENEE turns to MARCUS.)

RENEE - Hey, um... can we talk for a few minutes? I got something I need to tell you.

MARCUS - Sure. Um, let's go in the bedroom. Yo dog, I'll be right back. Yell if the pizza man gets here.

RASHIM - No doubt.

(MARCUS follows RENEE into his room. He closes the door.)

MARCUS - Uh... hold up.

(He takes a big pile of clothes off his bed and throws it in the closet. He straightens the cover on the bed so she can sit down.)

MARCUS - Sorry, I didn't know you were comin' over. I would've had it a little more tidy.

(RENEE smiles.)

RENEE - That's okay.

(She sits down. He remains standing.)

MARCUS - So what's up? What you wanna tell me?

RENEE - I need to talk to you about my soror. About Mona Ferguson.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIA - Hello?

SETH - Hey, its Seth.

(silence)

SETH - Hello?

TIA - Uh... hey.

SETH - Hey, how you doin'?

TIA - I'm... uh good... how are you?

SETH - I'm okay. I was hoping I'd catch you, I wanna talk to you about something.

TIA - Oh... well uh.....I'm kinda on the other line...

SETH - Oh this won't take a second. Can I get a second from ya? I promise it won't take long.

TIA - Well... okay.

SETH - Um... I really wanted to say that I had a nice time the other night. I'm sorry the evening ended early but I wanted to know when I could see you again.

TIA - When?

SETH - Yeah, when can we hook up again?

TIA - Shouldn't you be asking if?

(SETH laughs.)

SETH - Yeah yeah, you got me. Good point, my bad. I assumed and I shouldn't have done that.

TIA - Yeah, you should never assume.

(SETH smiles.)

SETH thinks - I think she's jokin'...

SETH - Okay then well can I see you again?

(SETH laughs as he plays along.)

TIA - I don't know if that would be a good idea.

SETH - Ha ha ha ha, yeah right.

(silence)

TIA - No really Seth, I'm not sure if that would be a good idea.

SETH - Huh? You're serious?

TIA - Unfortunately yes.

SETH - But... but why?

TIA - I uh...

SETH - I mean, you wrote me...

TIA thinks - Hell no I didn't.

TIA - I know Seth, and I'm real sorry but...

SETH - Wait, you mean since we went out that one time for like half an hour, you decided against hangin' out with me?

TIA - I just don't think it would work Seth, I'm sorry.

SETH - But how do you know? We didn't get to spend any time together.

TIA thinks - I'm gonna kick Camille's ass!

SETH - Give me one good reason and I'll leave you alone.

TIA - Uh...

TIA thinks - God this is ridiculous!

TIA - Uh...

SETH - Well?

(silence)

TIA - Deltas and Sigmas don't get down like that!

GWEN - Damn! I didn't know Sigmas got down like that! Man! Whew!

(CALVIN smiles as he gets up to go to the bathroom.)

CALVIN - Shit, give me about fifteen minutes and you'll see a Sigma get down like that again!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUNE is trying to stop BUCK from going back to the basketball court to prove that he can play with a bad ankle.

JUNE - Buck! Buck come back here!

(BUCK hobbles toward the gymnasium.)

BUCK - I'll be fine.

JUNE - Buck!

(JUNE catches up with him.)

JUNE - What are you trying to prove Buck? Why are you doing this? You don't have to prove anything to me!

BUCK - This isn't about you June, this is about me.

JUNE - What?

BUCK - I have to prove this to myself.

JUNE - But what if you hurt yourself worse?

BUCK - I won't.

(BUCK opens the door to the gym.)

JUNE - Buck, if you hurt yourself, you'll never forgive yourself and you know it.

(BUCK doesn't respond.)

JUNE - You know what, you are the most hard headed person I've ever met!

(BUCK goes into the athletic room to get a basketball. JUNE folds her arms and waits for him to come out.)

JUNE thinks - I wish I could somehow lock his ass in there!

(BUCK comes back out bouncing a basketball.)

JUNE - You blamed me for how you hurt your ankle the first time. You're not gonna blame me for this time! I'm out! This time its on you!

BUCK - Where you going?

(JUNE turns to leave.)

JUNE - What difference does it make?

(BUCK holds the ball and watches JUNE walk out of the gym.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCUS - You wanna talk about Mona? What about her?

RENEE - I've been thinking about what happened. You know, how we had a fight.

MARCUS - Uh huh.

RENEE - And I feel really bad about it.

MARCUS - Oh yeah?

RENEE - Yeah. I think I need to apologize to her.

MARCUS - What? Really? I thought you said she was shady.

RENEE - Well she is, I think. That's what PJ always tells me and some of the other sorors from Ahpla. But that doesn't justify what I did.

MARCUS - Yeah, maybe you're right.

RENEE - And another thing, I know you're interested in a fraternity and I really don't want you to have that kind of impression of our organizations. We don't usually behave like that, especially the females.

MARCUS - Wait, how did you know I was interested in a fraternity?

(RENEE smiles.)

RENEE - You're not very subtle Marc.

MARCUS - Damn! I wonder if the whole campus knows! Am I that bad?

RENEE - Actually no, you're not. But since I'm on this side of the greek fence, I know what to look for in an interested person. So it's all over your face. But don't worry, its just because I happen to know the signs.

MARCUS - Damn.

(They both laugh.)

RENEE - But back to what I was saying, I just have been really feeling bad about what happened.

MARCUS - I can understand you feeling that way. To be honest, I didn't think yall were gonna fight. But that whole scene was so charged up, things just went nuts.

RENEE - Yeah. I guess you saw a whole different side of me huh?

MARCUS - I still like what I've seen so far.

(They both smile.)

MARCUS - So what are you gonna do?

RENEE - I don't know. I spoke to one of my sorors about it. She wasn't too happy about what I did either. At first I was thinking I would send an email. But then I thought that would be to impersonal for an apology.

MARCUS - Yeah.

RENEE - And my soror Katrice agreed with me. She thinks I need to speak to Mona face to face.

MARCUS - Really?

RENEE - Yeah. Katrice is her line sister and she knows her better than I do. She said to just be woman about it, and let her know how I feel.

MARCUS - I can agree with that.

RENEE - So I think I'll give her a call now. Maybe set something up where we can meet.

MARCUS - Good idea. You want some privacy?

RENEE - Uh yeah. Give me a minute and I'll come out and join you guys.

(RENEE pulls out her cell phone.)

MARCUS - No problem. Take your time. We should have pizza by the time you come out. You're more than welcome to get some.

RENEE - Thanks.

(MARCUS closes the door as he leaves. RENEE dials.)

RENEE thinks - She'll probably be so pissed about what happened, she probably won't even speak to me.

MONA - Hello?

RENEE - Hello is this Mona?

MONA - Yeah, this is Mona.

RENEE - Hey soror, this is Renee.

(silence)

MONA - Renee... um... hi.

RENEE - Hi. Listen Mona, I think we need to talk. You know, about what happened.

MONA - Um... okay.

RENEE - Are you busy right now?

MONA - Um... no, no. Just brushing up on some...

(MONA pauses.)

MONA - ...sorority history.

RENEE - Okay. Well, can we meet? Maybe at the twenty four seven?

MONA - Sure Renee. Let's say in fifteen minutes?

RENEE - That's fine. And Mona?

MONA - Huh?

RENEE - Thanks for agreeing to talk.

MONA - No problem soror. No problem.

RENEE - See ya in a few.

MONA - Bye.

(They hang up. MONA closes the handbook and smiles.)

MONA thinks - Oh God! This is perfect!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(BUCK dribbles behind his back and spins around. He hops on his good leg and loses the ball.)

BUCK thinks - Shit!

MALCOLM - Good form!

(BUCK looks up and sees MALCOLM sitting in the arena. He is clapping.)

MALCOLM - I love that spin move. Can you do it again?

BUCK thinks - Go to hell!

(BUCK grabs the ball and starts to bounce it again.)

MALCOLM - What happened to your leg?

BUCK - Nothing, I'm fine.

BUCK - You don't look so fine.

(MALCOLM gets up and starts to walk down toward the court.)

MALCOLM - You can't even put weight on it can you?

(MALCOLM is smiling.)

BUCK - I said I'm fine.

MALCOLM - Really now?

(MALCOLM hops over the railing and starts to take his jacket off.)

MALCOLM - So let's shoot around.

(silence)

(BUCK fires the ball at MALCOLM who catches it without flinching and smiles.)

MALCOLM - So Buck listen...

(MALCOLM starts to dribble and BUCK starts to play defense against him.)

MALCOLM ... if you aren't one hundred percent... you know, because of your ankle...

(MALCOLM fakes left and quickly goes right past BUCK and lays the ball in the basket.)

MALCOLM - ...who is coach gonna start at point guard in the big game?

BUCK - He's gonna start me!

(MALCOLM smiles.)

MALCOLM - Oh yeah?

(He takes the ball and crosses BUCK over. BUCK almost falls because his weight shifts to his bad ankle. MALCOLM laughs as he makes another easy shot.)

MALCOLM - So coach is gonna start you huh?

BUCK - You don't have to worry about it because he defintely won't play you!

MALCOLM - You think coach is gonna risk losing by stickin' with his tried and true work horse? You think coach is more interested in loyalty then a championship? What are you crazy?

BUCK - I'm not crazy, I'm just the starting point guard.

MALCOLM - You were...

(MALCOLM takes a jump shot over BUCK that goes in.)

MALCOLM - ...the starting point guard.

(MALCOLM smiles.)

BUCK - I don't care what you may think, you're not takin' my spot Malcolm.

(MALCOLM laughs and shakes his head.)

MALCOLM - I'll ignore that. Ball!

(BUCK grabs the ball and fires it at MALCOLM again. MALCOLM starts to dribble, BUCK tries to get the ball from him.)

MALCOLM - Oh, and did you hear...

(MALCOLM is dribbling the ball toward BUCK's bad side.)

MALCOLM - ...about the recruiter?

BUCK - Recruiter?

MALCOLM - Oh yeah, you didn't hear?

BUCK - What are you talking about?

MALCOLM - Rumor has it that there's an NBA recruiter coming to the big game. I think his name is Lowell Dodge.

(MALCOLM switches hands and BUCK leans foward and falls over. MALCOLM runs past him and slam dunks the ball.)

MALCOLM - I guess Mr. Dodge will be looking at Amgis' new starting point guard. And believe me, I'll give him a lot to look at!

No comments: