Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 39

JUNE and BUCK are arguing... intensely.

JUNE - That's another thing! You told Ginger that I don't listen to you when we argue?

BUCK - Well you don't!

JUNE - Buck what is the matter with you! Do you realize how stupid you make me look when you...

(JUNE stops and closes her eyes.)

BUCK - June baby...

(He walks toward her. She immediately backs away. When she opens her eyes, tears immediately start to fall.)

JUNE - No. Don't touch me Buck. Do not touch me.

BUCK - June... I'm sorry okay?

(silence)

(JUNE starts to shake as she starts to cry harder. She bends over and places her face into her hands.)

BUCK - June... I'm sorry baby. Please don't cry. I love you. Please don't...

(She stands up and starts to take her engagement ring off.)

BUCK - Wait... what are you... doing...

(She twists the ring off of her finger and holds it out to BUCK.)

BUCK - What are you doing?

JUNE - Buck I love you... with all my heart...

(JUNE is talking through her crying, she is breathing heavy and tears have wet her face.)

JUNE - ...but you don't undersand me... and you hurt me... and I can't live like that...

BUCK - Wait a minute June, if its that deep, damn I'll cut Ginger and never talk to her again okay?

JUNE - Its not about that Buck, its about understanding me... its about understanding women... and you don't.

BUCK - What do you mean I don't understand women? You're the first person to say something like that so how can you say that?

JUNE - Buck... regardless I can't be with you.

(She tries to place the ring in his hand.)

BUCK - No June, don't do this. Put your ring back on.

(She places it down on his desk.)

BUCK - You're not going to marry me?

(She is still crying.)

JUNE - Not if you don't change. I can't.

(There is a knock on the door.)

BUCK - Damn! Uh... don't move.

(He quickly turns around and runs to the door. He opens it.)

FRANK - Dog! Wassup bruh!

BUCK - Its a bad time right now bruh, let me hit you up later.

FRANK - Oh uh... okay. I just got some news for you.

BUCK - Later dog.

(BUCK closes the door.)

BUCK - June listen...

JUNE - Buck I can't talk right now okay? I need to go.

BUCK - No wait...

JUNE - I can't. Maybe later but not right now. Please respect that.

(silence)

(BUCK watches JUNE walk by.)

BUCK - June please...

(JUNE turns back to see BUCK, she notices the crack in his voice and now sees a tear fall from his eye.)

(silence)

(She turns away and opens the door.)

BUCK - Baby...

(She slowly closes the door behind herself.)

(silence)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JENNIFER - ...to be strong enough to make it through this Lord. I don't know what's wrong with Dwayne but I know you know and I know that you love him. So please please, take care of him right now. God I don't know what your will is but...

(The door flies open and two paramedics come in quickly.)

FOSTER - Excuse me maam! Let me get to him.

(JENNIFER jumps to her feet. SAIFA rushes in as well.)

JENNIFER - We don't know what's wrong with him.

FOSTER - We'll take it from here maam.

(He motions to SAIFA to take her out of the room as his partner bends down to help him with DWAYNE.)

SAIFA - Jenn, let's let these guys...

JENNIFER - No, I don't wanna...

SAIFA - Jennifer, we're in the way. They can't help Dwayne if we're in the way.

(She takes a last look, then reluctantly follows SAIFA out. They close the bedroom door behind themselves as they walk out to where the brothers are.)

SAIFA - I think he's gonna be fine. His breathing looks regular.

SEAN - And he looks peaceful.

JENNIFER - Peaceful! Sean he's not dead!

(SAIFA hits SEAN on the arm.)

SEAN - Hey!

SAIFA - I'm sure Sean didn't mean it like that Jennifer. Uh... anyway, he'll be...

JENNIFER - Look! I want him done with this process! This shit stops now! Get his crossing gifts and all that stuff! He is finished! Dwayne is an Iota as of right now!

(silence)

MALCOLM - Jennifer check this out...

SAIFA - Malcolm I think you've done enough already.

MALCOLM - Naw bruh, I can handle this.

(JENNIFER turns toward MALCOLM and folds her arms. She is looking pissed.)

MALCOLM - Jennifer, if you had a line on or some girls on for SGRho, we wouldn't interfere with your process. That would be for yall to handle and not for us to step into. No matter what.

JENNIFER - What if your girl was on our line and we kicked her ass and hurt her? Oh my bad Malcolm, you can never keep a girl so you wouldn't know now would ya?

MALCOLM - What!

SAIFA - Aight aight no need to get personal with this, take it easy.

JENNIFER - That's my man in there! Yall don't want to make this personal? Then do the right thing!

MALCOLM - We are doing the right thing! You see we got doctors in there now working on a nigga.

JENNIFER - You wouldn't need doctors to work on Dwayne if you were doing the right thing!

(JENNIFER is raising her voice and starting to get emotional.)

JENNIFER - Yall hurt him! He's not moving! What if he has some kind of internal problem! What if this become a big university scandal! Did yall think about that when yall were hurting Dwayne?

SEAN - We don't haze people, we don't get into that.

JENNIFER - So what happened to Dwayne! Don't lie to me!

MALCOLM - I can't tell you that Jennifer, you know that.

JENNIFER - Why the hell not! If it wasn't hazing, then what was it!

MALCOLM - I told you, I can't tell you what it was!

JENNIFER - Tell me what you did to my boyfriend!

SAIFA - Jennifer...

JENNIFER - What did you do to him Malcom? What happened to him! What's the matter with Dwayne!

(silence)

FOSTER - Why don't you let me answer that for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(silence)

(silence)

(silence)

(BUCK walks to his door and opens it. He looks down the hall. Empty.)

BUCK thinks - Oh my God...

(He goes back into his room and sits down.)

(silence)

(BUCK wipes his eyes and looks around his room. He then looks at a picture of him and JUNE together during happier times.)

BUCK - Dammit!

(He picks up th engagement ring and stares at it.)

(silence)

(silence)

(BUCK puts the ring down and pulls his cell phone from his hip. He starts to dial.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLLY falls over AISHA in the hallway as she rushes out to see PJ at Ahpla U.

HOLLY - Damn girl, what the heck are you doing out here?

AISHA - I was uh... uh... looking for my contact lens... it fell out...

HOLLY - Well get out the way!

(TRACEY and RENEE run out after HOLLY and almost fall over HOLLY and AISHA as well.)

TRACEY - What the heck are you doing Ish!

HOLLY - Oh come on! We gotta go see PJ! She dropped her contact lens!

(HOLLY gets up and runs down the hall with TRACEY and RENEE following close behind.)

TRACEY thinks - Contacts? Aisha doesn't wear contacts!

(They pile into the elevator and head down to the lobby.)

HOLLY - I told PJ she needs to chill! Gosh I hope she's okay!

RENEE - I can't believe someone hurt her. Damn! Who the heck did she fight a dude?

(The elevator opens and the three rush out.)

HOLLY - Who's gonna drive! Who's gonna drive!

RENEE - We'll take my car!

HOLLY - Okay where parked at! Where! Where!

TRACEY - Damn chica, calm your ass down!

RENEE - I'm right over there!

(RENEE points to her car which is across the street.)

HOLLY - Okay let's go!

(As they run across the street a car screeches and almost hits HOLLY. She screams and runs out of the way.)

RENEE - Holly!

AKINA - Holly! Are you okay!

(AKINA is driving and almost hit HOLLY.)

TRACEY - Akina where you driving to so fast?

AKINA - Why the hell yall running across the street! Are yall crazy?

HOLLY - We gotta go see PJ!

AKINA - PJ? Forget PJ, Eric got sent to the police precinct!

TRACEY - What!

AKINA - Eric was in the hospital and they took him to the police station! Somebody took him!

RENEE - Come on! Let's go with Akina!

HOLLY - But what about PJ!

RENEE - PJ can handle herself! Come on!

(HOLLY waits a second as RENEE and TRACEY get into AKINA's car.)

TRACEY - Come on Holly!

HOLLY thinks - Damn!

(HOLLY runs over and gets in AKINA's car. AKINA pulls off.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DWAYNE realizes that he is alone.

(DWAYNE slowly opens one eye. Then the other. He slowly turns his head and sees tha tthe door to the bedroom is closed. He quietly sits up in the bed.)

DWAYNE thinks - Shit! I gotta work fast.

(He picks up the telephone on MALCOLM's desk and quickly dials.)

(silence)

DWAYNE thinks - Shit! Pick up!

(silence)

MARK - Hello.

DWAYNE whispers - Mark!

MARK - Hello?

DWAYNE whispers - Mark, it's me! Centaur Dwayne!

MARK - Dwayne?

DWAYNE whispers - Yeah, I need your help man!

MARK - I can barely hear you, why are you whispering?

DWAYNE whispers - Why the hell you think nigga! The big brothers are around!

MARK - The bi... nigga I aint got time for this bul...

DWAYNE whispers - Mark man! I need you! Please!

(silence)

(DWAYNE looks over his shoulder and can hear the talking from the other side of the door.)

MARK - Okay okay. What do you need? Some food? Something stolen from the Sigma house? What?

DWAYNE whispers - Listen very carefully...

SAIFA - Doc, what's wrong with him?

FOSTER - Nothing.

JENNIFER - Nothing! What do you mean nothing?

FOSTER - Well nothing that we can tell here. All his vitals are normal. Actually he is in great shape. I don't know why he's passed out. It doesn't make sense really.

JENNIFER - Well obviously something is wrong!

FOSTER - I know. He hasn't moved. So we just wanted to let you know that we plan on taking him in and checking him out.

JENNIFER - Well aren't you waisting time by coming out here to tell us this?

FOSTER - No maam, this is procedure. We need permission to move the patient since its not a class eleven type situation.

JENNIFER - Class eleven? What the hell! Just move him! Do it!

(JENNIFER rushes past everyone and opens the bedroom door.)

JENNIFER - Gonna have my man pledgin' hard as hell and then... Dwayne... what the hell...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AKINA and her sorors are racing to the police precinct.

RENEE - So what the heck happened!

AKINA - Okay okay, Eric was in his room and for some reason he wouldn't wake up or nothing! Jay was there and Phil and everything! We couldn't get him to wake up!

TRACEY - What!

AKINA - And when I got to his room, that bitch Jessica was coming out!

HOLLY - Who?

AKINA - Jessica! She used to go with Eric and I know she still wants him! I keep trying to tell him that and he didn't believe me!

HOLLY - Oh shit! So she was up in the room?

AKINA - Yes! So then I go in there and Eric won't wake up! He's laying there in no shirt and passed out on the bed!

TRACEY - Wait, what happened to his shirt?

AKINA - I don't know! He was passed out!

TRACEY - Kina, your man had his shirt off and his ex left his room? That sounds shady as hell!

AKINA - Don't trip Tracey okay? I thought that too and I was about to kick Eric's ass until he wouldn't wake up! I'm serious yall! We threw water on him, slapped his face, and nothing!

RENEE - So then what happened?

AKINA - We took him to the hospital and he woke up in the lobby of the emergency room!

HOLLY - Shoot!

TRACEY - I don't know girl, still sounds shady to me!

AKINA - Its not shady! Don't make me crash this car!

RENEE - Okay calm down calm down. So how did he get out of the hospital?

AKINA - I don't know! Me and Jay were in the lobby of the hospital like forever! Jay leaves and its just me! So after a while, I asked the receptionist and she said that he had been taken out a different exit by the police!

HOLLY - Why the heck would the police take him out?

AKINA - I don't know but I'm about to find out!

(AKINA's car flies by and she goes through a red light on her way to the police precinct.)

HOLLY - Damn girl! Calm down!

TRACEY - Oh here you go again with the calm talk! Shut up Holly!

HOLLY - What! I aint tryin' to die out here in no car accident!

(AKINA doesn't slow down until she comes to a screeching halt in front of the police station. Everyone lunges forward as the car stops. AKINA is already jumping out of the car and running up to the station.)

TRACEY- Wait for us!

(AKINA runs up the steps to the front door as if she didn't hear TRACEY nor came with her sorors.)

AKINA - Excuse me! Excuse me!

SEARGENT FORBES - Can I hel...

AKINA - My boyfriend supposedly came in here, his name is Eric! He was at the hospital at...

SEARGENT FORBES - Miss, calm down. Slow down. You're talking a thousands words a minute!

(AKINA takes a deep breath.)

AKINA - My boyfriend... Eric... was supposedly brought in here... he was a hospital patient at...

SEARGENT FORBES - Oh wait, I just signed him in.

AKINA - You did! Where is he?

SEARGENT FORBES - Hold on.

(She opens a big book that is on the desk in front of her.)

SEARGENT FORBES - Uh... yeah, I signed in the patient. He had on scrubs when they brought him in.

AKINA - Where is he now!

SEARGENT FORBES - Processing. He had to be placed in a special unit.

AKINA - A special... why!

SEARGENT FORBES - Maam, he's being booked on rape charges.

AKINA - What!

TRACEY - Rape charges? But he was just in the hospital!

SEARGENT FORBES - He tried to rape someone in the hospital.

AKINA - What! That's a lie! That's a bold face lie! Where is he! I need to speak to him now! That's a lie!

SEARGENT FORBES - You can verify the whole entire story if you want...

(SEARGENT FORBES points across the rom.)

SEARGENT FORBES - ...the girl who reported him as raping her is sitting right over there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DERRICK is in Laguardia Airport in New York. He is waiting on a flight to meet with his agent and his team owner.

DERRICK - Naw, I'm not worried. They're gonna extend my contract.

RONNIE - I'm just sayin' dude, ya never know nowadays.

DERRICK - I put up good numbers, especially toward the end of this last season. I had my workout with the team physician so I'm cool for the off season. So I'm gonna just lay low and pick up my outside game over the summer.

RONNIE - That's cool D. How's your girl?

DERRICK - She's straight. How's yours?

RONNIE - Man we broke up! Long story.

DERRICK - What? Oh hold on Ronnie. Excuse me?

IMANI - Hi, don't you play in the NBA?

DERRICK - What gave it away, this Portland Trailblazers jacket or my height?

(DERRICK and IMANI and her friend all laugh.)

IMANI - Oh my gosh! I knew it! I saw you play before! Um... um... um...

ADELIA - Don't mind her, she's stupid. Hi I'm Adelia.

(ADELIA extends her hand. DERRICK shifts his cell phone to his other hand to shake hers.)

DERRICK - Hi. I'm Derrick.

ADELIA - This is Imani.

IMANI - Hi!

DERRICK - Hey, nice to meet you.

ADELIA - Can we get an autograph or something?

DERRICK - Yeah sure, hold on.

(He puts the phone back to his ear.)

DERRICK - You still there man?

RONNIE - Yeah.

DERRICK - Hold on one more second.

(DERRICK starts to sign his autograph for the girls who are both smiling and giggling.)

DERRICK - Okay here ya go.

IMANI - Thank you! Thank you!

ADELIA - Where you travellin' to? I'm tryin' to go.

(DERRICK laughs.)

DERRICK - I think my girl might not be too pleased if you went.

ADELIA - I'm sayin' tho, you aint gotta tell her. I mean what?

(DERRICK laughs again.)

DERRICK - Naw, I don't get down like that.

(His other line rings.)

DERRICK - Excuse me for a second. Yo Ronnie, hold on man.

RONNIE - Look I'll just holla at cha lata playa. You got your hands full.

DERRICK - Okay man, good talkin' to ya.

RONNIE - Cool man! Holla later.

(RONNIE hangs up and DERRICK clicks over.)

DERRICK - Hello?

BUCK - Derrick this is Buck. I really need to talk to you, its an emergency!

No comments: