Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 16

7:45 pm....Amgis' Yard...Flag Pole


TIA - I can't Camille. Look, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I'm not like you. I'm nervous, my hands are sweaty, and my heart is about to fly through my chest. So do me a favor.

CAMILLE - Sure Tia, what?

TIA - Let me go home. If you wanna wait a few more minutes for Ahmad to show up, that's fine. But this anticipation is killing...

CAMILLE - Wait wait, who's that walking up?

(TIA turns around and is speechless.)

SETH - Hey...uh you're Tia right?

TIA - Uh...yeah.

(SETH smiles.)

SETH - Sorry I'm so late, but I just got your email.

(silence)

(TIA looks at CAMILLE and back at SETH.)

TIA - You...you what?

SETH - I got the email you sent to me, a_new_blue@amgis.edu.

(CAMILLE chuckles.)

TIA - Uh...

SETH - I was hoping you were still here. I had to hurry, I almost didn't get the message. But something told me to check my email before I went back to the dorm. And I'm glad I did! Ha ha ha ha ha.

(CAMILLE extends her hand.)

CAMILLE - Hi, I'm Camille.

SETH - Hey Camille, I've seen you on the yard before.

CAMILLE - Same here, you do look familiar.

TIA - Um...Seth...

SETH - Yeah?

(SETH smiles.)

CAMILLE - Hey Tia, listen...

(CAMILLE blatantly interrupts.)

CAMILLE - ...listen girl, I need to run, so that way you and...Seth...can spend a little quality time together.

(CAMILLE winks and TIA frowns at her.)

TIA - Uh...Seth, give me a minute okay? I need to talk to Camille for a hot second.

SETH - Sure, that's cool.

(TIA grabs CAMILLE's arm and they walk a few feet away. TIA whispers.)

TIA whispers - Where do you think you're going!

CAMILLE whispers - I'm going home to laugh at you! Ha ha ha ha ha!

TIA whispers - You can't leave me alone with him! This is all your idea!

CAMILLE - Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

TIA whispers - Stop laughing! This is not funny!

CAMILLE - Yes it is funny and you know it. Once we get this situation fixed, you're gonna laugh at this too.

(TIA closes her eyes and puts her hand on her forehead.)

TIA - Why me Lord? Why give me these sorors? Why?

CAMILLE - Come on Tia. I'm sure Seth is a nice guy. Go hang out with him, chit chat with him.

TIA - But what if he likes me and then I still want to be with Ahmad.

CAMILLE - Look, you have a nice time tonight and I'll explain it to him. I'll tell him that you sent him the email but it really was meant for Ahmad. I'll say that you felt really horrible about it but didn't want to hurt his feelings. You were at a loss for words so I suggested you hang out. I'll place all the blame on me.

TIA - But that's mean. What if he gets hurt?

CAMILLE - Okay, so you wanna tell him yourself? Now?

TIA - Well...

CAMILLE - Trust me. I'll handle it.

TIA - Trusting you is what got me into the mess in the first place.

(CAMILLE laughs.)

CAMILLE - Come on soror.

(They go back.)

CAMILLE - Seth, is was nice officially meeting you.

(She chuckles again.)

SETH - Same here.

CAMILLE - Tia, I'll holla at you later.

TIA - Uh huh.

(CAMILLE turns and walks away. She is trying her hardest not to laugh out loud.)

(silence)

SETH - So...

TIA - So...

(silence)

SETH - ...so ya hungry?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUINTON from Ahpla University has joined his frat brothers from Amgis at student happy hour. As they are talking, they receive uninvited guests.

KEN - This place is boring for us and we need something to kick off!

QUINTON - You never know, something may jump off up in here in any minute.

KEN - Yeah...okay.

(QUINTON and BANE laugh at KEN's sarcasm as JAY approaches the table.)

JAY - Fellas! Fellas! What's so funny? I wanna hear the joke, tell me too!

(The Alphas stop laughing as they turn toward JAY.)

JAY - Good! Jokes are over, because we got some serious shit to talk to yall about!

(ERIC and BEN walk up and stand behind JAY.)

KEN - Serious shit?

JAY - Yeah, serious shit!

(KEN looks at BANE who is staring JAY down.)

BANE - Well what's up man?

(ERIC steps around JAY.)

ERIC thinks - Okay this is about to get ugly!

ERIC - Look guys, here's the deal. We need to talk to you guys about your party. Now apparently...

JESSICA - Hi Eric!

(ERIC turns around and sees JESSICA and her roommate TASHA.)

JESSICA - Eric get me and Tasha something to drink. I want a Sprite and Tasha wants a lemonade.

ERIC - Later okay?

(ERIC turns back around.)

JESSICA - No Eric, come now.

(TASHA laughs as JESSICA playfully whines to ERIC.)

ERIC - Jess, I'm talking right now okay? Give me a few and I'll meet you over there.

JESSICA - You promise?

(JESSICA laughs.)

ERIC - Yes!

(ERIC turns back around.)

BANE - Problems at home E?

ERIC - As I was saying...

(ERIC ignores BANE'scomment.)

ERIC - Yall's party. It's scheduled for the night our party was previously scheduled for. We were told that we couldn't have a party that night because of something with the administration office. Then we find out that you guys have a party set for the exact same night.

BANE - Yeah...so?

JAY - So? What the hell yall tryin to pull?

BANE - It sounds to me like yall got a problem with administration. Not with us. We just filed the paper work. You know what I'm sayin'?

BEN - Oh and it's just coincidence that your boy Robbie is in good with the administration because of pan hel?

BANE - Coincidence. But Robbie aint here so we can't find that out can we?

ROBBIE - Find out what?

(ROBBIE walks up holding TAMMI's hand.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIA - Yeah...sure. I'm hungry.

SETH - Good. Well let's go grab something to eat then. Is that okay?

TIA - Yeah, that's fine.

(They walk together.)

SETH - So Tia, tell me a little about yourself.

TIA thinks - Oh God!

TIA - Well, I'm a chemistry major.

SETH - Wow, you are? I so hate chemistry. It's so hard to remember all that stuff. The elements and periodic whatever.

TIA - The periodic chart?

SETH - Yeah that.

(TIA laughs.)

SETH - How do you remember all that stuff?

TIA - Well, you can't try and memorize it. That won't work. You just have to kinda understand it and learn it. Like, when I look at the elements, I don't see what everyone else sees. A bunch of numbers and letters. I see the element itself and it makes sense.

SETH - Really?

TIA - Yep. That's just how I see it. Like, what's your major?

SETH - Computer information systems.

TIA - Okay, now computers are strange territory for me. I just check email and that's about it.

SETH - And send email.

(SETH laughs. TIA smiles.)

TIA thinks - Yeah, to the wrong people!

SETH - So maybe one day you can show me some chemical equations and reactions and stuff and I can show you how to create a virus and change your grades in the main frame computer in the administration building.

TIA - You can do that?

SETH - How do you think I made the honor roll?

TIA - What!

SETH - I'm just kidding! Ha ha ha ha ha ha, no, you can't do that! Ha ha.

(TIA hits SETH's arm.)

TIA - Boy! I was believing you! Ha ha ha ha!

SETH - You was gettin' ready to be Phi Beta Kappa huh?

TIA - I was gonna go home and write my valedictorian speech.

(They both laugh.)

TIA - So tell me something about yourself.

SETH - Well you know, I'm a Sigma man.

(TIA laughs.)

SETH - What's so funny?

TIA - Hee hee, oh nothing.

(She smiles.)

SETH - What?

TIA - Well, it's just so cute. You're such a neo.

SETH - Huh?

TIA - You asked me about myself, I told you my major. I asked you about yourself, and you said that you're a Sigma, which you knew I already knew.

SETH - Well yeah, I'm proud to be a Sigma man.

TIA - And I'm so proud to be a Delta. It's just I'm not a neo anymore. That's all. Nothing wrong with being a neo.

SETH - Oh, ha ha ha. Well my sister says the same thing. You know Kim?

TIA - Kim?

SETH - Yeah, the Zeta? That's my sister.

TIA - It is? I didn't know that.

TIA thinks - Okay Tia, don't say anything! Don't say a word!

SETH - Yeah. That's big sis.

TIA - Cool.

TIA thinks - Change the subject!

TIA - So...where we goin' to eat?

SETH - Funny you should ask, this is the place right here.

(They had passed a few places on the way to the spot that SETH is choosing. He opens the door for her.)

TIA - Oh this is nice. What made you choose this place?

SETH - The neo in me.

(SETH smiles.)

TIA - Huh?

SETH - Well I knew my line brother Ahmad would be in here with Shareesa, so I called him and told him that you and I would meet him here. Oh there they are right over there. Come on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRANK is on the phone with his frat brother from Ahpla University, RONNIE.

RONNIE - What's up dog? What's the deal?

FRANK - What you up to bruh?

RONNIE - Layin' around the house man. Kickin' it. What about you?

FRANK - Chillin in the crib man.

RONNIE - I'm surprised you not out at that happy hour shit for the students. I even heard some cats from over here at Ahpla are going. I'm too old for that shit myself though.

(FRANK laughs.)

FRANK - I would go but I fucked up and got Camille pissed off at me. And knowing her, she's there with her sorors.

RONNIE - Oh word? What you do dog?

FRANK - Man, it was some bullshit. Some old stupid shit. This AKA stopped by Camille's crib and I was there. So she accuses me of looking at her ass. So she gets all bent out of shape.

RONNIE - Did you look at her ass?

FRANK - Naw man!

(silence)

RONNIE - Did you look at her ass Frank?

(FRANK laughs.)

FRANK - Naw team! I said I didn't.

RONNIE - Was it a fat ass Frank?

FRANK - Hell yeah it was a fat ass!

(They both laugh.)

FRANK - But that aint the point man. The point is, she knows damn well I aint goin' nowhere. I aint gonna cheat on her. So why is she trippin'?

RONNIE - I hear ya man, but you gotta understand women bruh. They don't think like niggas. They think like...like women.

FRANK - What's that supposed to mean?

RONNIE - Take me and my girl or instance. Now Trina is big on looks. She wants to be the finest chick on the yard. I know damn well she aint. She knows damn well she aint.

FRANK - Uh huh.

RONNIE - Now I aint sayin' she aint fine. But she aint the finest chick on campus.

FRANK - Right.

RONNIE - But knowing all that, and knowing how she is, I have to tell her how fine she is constantly. I'm not lying to her, but I keep reminding her of how much I appreciate her for her beauty.

FRANK - And what purpose does that serve? And what does that have to do with me?

RONNIE - It serves a great purpose. The bottom line is this. We all like to be told things that make us feel good. You know? Camille knows you're gonna look at a girl's ass when a chick walks by. But you have to make sure she knows that her ass is the best ass in the world. And no ass that ever comes by will take your attention off her perfectly rounded, plump, volumptious ass.

(FRANK laughs.)

FRANK - You're a fool dog.

RONNIE - Maybe, but I don't fight with my woman! Ha ha ha ha!

(There is a knock on FRANK's door.)

FRANK - Dog, somebody's at my door. Let me holla at you later.

RONNIE - Aight bruh, remember what I said. Her ass is the only ass.

FRANK - I remember I remember.

(FRANK laughs as he hangs up.)

FRANK thinks - I wonder if this is Camille. It better be.

(FRANK opens the door.)

SHERRY - Hi Frank, I got locked out of my room next door. I'm so stupid! Can I just wait in here until my roommate comes back?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROBBIE joins his frat brothers KEN, BANE and QUINTON as they discuss their party with the Kappas, JAY, BEN and ERIC.

ERIC - Yall's party is scheduled for the night our party was previously scheduled for. We were told that we couldn't have a party that night because of something with the administration office. Then we find out that you guys have a party set for the exact same night.

BANE - Yeah...so?

JAY - So? What the hell yall tryin' to pull?

BANE - It sounds to me like yall got a problem with administration. Not with us. We just filed the paper work. You know what I'm sayin'?

BEN - Oh and it's just coincidence that your boy Robbie is in good with the administration because of pan hel?

BANE - Coincidence. But Robbie aint here so we can't find that out can we?

ROBBIE - Find out what?

(ROBBIE walks up holding TAMMI's hand.)

ROBBIE - What's the big huddle about?

JAY - The man of the hour! Wassup Robbie!

(ROBBIE looks at JAY confused. JAY notices TAMMI.)

ROBBIE - Uh...chillin Jay, how are you man?

JAY - Say man, how's Leah?

(ROBBIE cuts his eyes at JAY. Then he turns toward TAMMI.)

ROBBIE - Hey, let me have a moment with my frat brothers and these guys okay baby.

TAMMI - Sure ...um...take your time.

(TAMMI walks away.)

ROBBIE - What the hell was that comment for Jay?

JAY - Because your sarcastic ass frat here is pissin' me off! Now I wanna know why the hell the Alphas got a party the same damn night we were supposed to!

BANE - I'm pissin' you off huh!

(BANE stands up. )

ROBBIE - Hold up! Hold up!

(ROBBIE steps between JAY and BANE.)

ROBBIE - Now look...

(ROBBIE tries to think of what to say.)

ROBBIE - ...guys look, everybody calm down. I have no idea about your party and what night and whatever you're talking about okay?

ERIC - Robbie, you called us and told us that the administration said that we couldn't have our party. You said something about there could be nothing on campus that particular night.

ROBBIE - Okay?

ERIC - Then the next thing we know, yall have a party set up for the same night.

ROBBIE - We do?

(ROBBIE turns to KEN.)

ROBBIE - What night is our party?

KEN - It's next week Saturday.

ROBBIE - Eric, that's the same night I called you guys about?

JAY - Don't play dumb Robert, you know it is!

ROBBIE - Like I said guys, this is just one big misunderstanding okay?

KEN thinks - I knew this stupid shit was gonna backfire!

ROBBIE - I don't know the inner workings of how this went down, but it's just one big misunderstanding. If you want, I can go to someone in administration and try to find out what broke down.

BEN - Naw man, there's no need for that.

(ROBBIE smiles.)

ROBBIE - Good. Okay then.

BEN - Because I already did it.

(ERIC turns to BEN.)

ERIC - You did?

BEN - Yeah man. I went up there and they say that there was no conflict at all. They don't care what activities go on. Nobody in there ever said anything about not having a party.

JAY - I knew it!

ERIC - Why didn't you tell me that before?

BEN - Because I wanted to see what Robbie here would say first.

(ERIC turns back to ROBBIE.)

ROBBIE - I don't know what...

(JAY pushes ROBBIE and BANE gets up and grabs JAY's arm.)

KEN thinks - Oh shit!

(Both KEN and QUINTON stand up quickly.)

ROBBIE - Hey man chill!

(BANE takes a swing at JAY but misses, JAY swings back and hits BANE.)

MONA - Look! What's goin' on over there? Is that a fight?

(MIKE and MONA have just walked in together, they look and see a commotion starting.)

MIKE - Oh shit! That's frat! Mona hold my cane, I'll be right back!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(FRANK opens the door.)

SHERRY - Hi Frank, I got locked out of my room next door. I'm so stupid! Can I just wait in here until my roommate comes back?

(FRANK looks SHERRY up and down.)

FRANK - Yeah, come on in.

(SHERRY walks in. FRANK checks her out as she walks by.)

FRANK thinks - Damn!

FRANK - How did you get locked out of your room?

SHERRY - I just went down the hall to Angel's room. Just for a second. But my door closed behind me and I didn't grab my keys. I didn't know I had turned the knob ya know?

FRANK - Yeah.

SHERRY - Lisa should be here in a few minutes. Where's Nick?

FRANK - I don't know where he is. He's usually with his girl though, so he's probably over there.

SHERRY - Oh okay.

FRANK - You want something to drink or something?

SHERRY - Naw, I'm cool. I'll just wait here.

(SHERRY sits down.)

FRANK - Well I'm about to read something, so I'll be in my room. You're welcome to come back here if you want. You can watch tv or something.

SHERRY - Okay thanks.

(SHERRY follows FRANK into his room.)

SHERRY- What you reading?

FRANK - I gotta make a presentation for class. So I'm just reading over what I wrote.

SHERRY - Oh okay cool. Can I use your phone? I can call Lisa and see how far she is.

FRANK - Yeah, it's right there.

SHERRY - Thanks.

(SHERRY picks up the phone and dials as FRANK begins to read his notes.)

SHERRY - Hey Lisa it's me. Girl I locked myself out the room, where are you? Oh you are? Okay cool. I'm next door at Frank and Nick's so just knock on their door. Bye.

(SHERRY hangs up.)

SHERRY - She's on her way now. She said she'd be here in like five minutes.

FRANK - That's cool. You wanna watch tv or something? I think making the band is on or whatever that show is called.

SHERRY - Oh I know, its a repeat though. I saw the episode already.

FRANK - Oh.

SHERRY - Plus I don't want to disturb you. Just act like I'm not here.

(FRANK laughs.)

FRANK - Whatever you say.

(FRANK starts to read again. There is a knock on the door.)

SHERRY - Oh that's probably Lisa. Damn she got here quick.

FRANK - Yeah.

SHERRY - Frank thanks for letting me crash here for a few.

FRANK - No problem girl, no problem at all.

SHERRY - Tell Nick I said wassup and to stop being all up under his girl.

(FRANK laughs.)

FRANK - I'll tell him. See, he aint like me.

SHERRY - You got a girlfriend Frank?

FRANK - I have a...

(FRANK pauses.)

FRANK - I have friends.

SHERRY - Mmmmmm hmmmmmmm.

FRANK - Ha ha ha, but anyway, you can just close the door behind you.

SHERRY - Yeah, and I'll make sure its locked!

(SHERRY laughs.)

FRANK - Yeah, you do that. See ya.

SHERRY - Bye.

(SHERRY walks out of FRANK's bedroom and opens the front door.)

SHERRY - Oh...uh hi.

(CAMILLE looks at the door to make sure she knocked on the right one.)

CAMILLE - Is Frank here?

SHERRY - Yeah, come on in.

(SHERRY lets CAMILLE in.)

SHERRY - Frank, somebody is here to see you.

FRANK - Oh yeah?

(CAMILLE turns to SHERRY.)

CAMILLE - Hi, I'm Camille. And you are?

SHERRY - Oh I'm Sherry. Nice to meet you. I live next door.

CAMILLE - Oh okay. Nice to meet you.

(FRANK comes out and sees CAMILLE.)

FRANK - Camille?

SHERRY - Hey Frank, is this one of your...friends?

No comments: