Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 44

BUCK sees GINGER in the club.

GINGER - Hey! I didn't know you were coming out here!

BUCK - Gin, I didn't even recog... you look... nice.

GINGER - Thanks... you been drinkin'?

BUCK - Naw, not really. I mean I had a beer.

GINGER - Oh, I can smell it. Here.

(She reaches into her purse to grab a stick of gum.)

BUCK thinks - I don't even need to be talking to you! You keep fuckin' shit up for me!

BUCK - I didn't even know you was coming out here.

GINGER - Here, chew this and shut up!

(GINGER laughs.)

BUCK - Thanks.

BUCK thinks - Walk away now. Buck, walk away.

GINGER - Now chew that up real good.

(GINGER laughs as she takes her hand and places it on BUCK's face, mimicking assisting him in chewing. BUCK smiles.)

BUCK thinks - This looks bad! Take your hand off me.

GINGER - So what's going on? What brings you out here? I never see you out.

BUCK - I just needed to get out.

GINGER - Oh yeah? Studying too much? All work and no play huh?

(GINGER smiles.)

GINGER - Where's the little woman? Your other half?

BUCK thinks - I love June. I love June.

BUCK - She stayed home tonight. Uh... she wasn't feeling too good.

GINGER - Oh.

(They both look around the club.)

GINGER - So who you here with?

BUCK - One of my frat brothers. How about you?

GINGER - Some of my girls. They over ther... uh... dag, them chicks done walked off. I don't know where they at.

BUCK thinks - Walk away Buck.

GINGER - So... you wanna dance or something?

(silence)

BUCK thinks - Hell no!

BUCK thinks - No!

BUCK thinks - ...no...

(GINGER takes BUCK's hand and leads him toward the dance floor.)

BUCK thinks - If somebody sees me... what the hell am I doing?

(BUCK starts to dance with GINGER.)

GINGER - Ha ha ha ha ha...

BUCK - What are you laughing at?

GINGER - Nothing.

BUCK - No, what's so funny?

(She smiles up at him.)

GINGER - Well... its true what they say about tall guys... yall aint got no rhythm.

BUCK - What! I got rhythm!

GINGER - Yeah, ha ha ha ha, with a basketball in your hands!

BUCK - Oh yeah?

(BUCK starts dancing harder and moves closer to GINGER.)

GINGER - Oh okay okay, I see what you workin' with.

(She turns her back to him and starts to move her body around.)

BUCK thinks - Damn, that skirt is mad short! How in the world is she gonna dance in that skirt?

(GINGER spins back around to face BUCK.)

GINGER - What did you just say?

BUCK - Huh?

GINGER - I heard you say something...

BUCK - I didn't say anything.

GINGER - About my skirt. I heard you say something about my skirt.

BUCK - Did I say that?

GINGER - Yeah, you said something.

BUCK thinks - I thought I thought...

BUCK - Um...

GINGER What? You like my skirt?

(GINGER smiles and spins around to show herself off.)

GINGER - So you like it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIRI and GINA are in SETH's room. SETH's sister KIM is there as well.

GINA - You sure you guys are gonna be okay?

SETH - Man go head! Yall go out and have a good time.

KIM - Yeah, we'll be fine.

(KIM picks the baby up as he laughs.)

KIM - Coochie coochie coo!

(The baby laughs again.)

MIRI - Hey bro, I appreciate this man. You two watching my little Sigma man for us.

SETH - Oh no problem at all brother. Yall deserve a break.

GINA - Lord knows we do!

MIRI - Yeah, that boy is a hand full! I hope yall know what you've gotten yourselves into.

KIM - Aww, he's the cutest little thing! He's not that bad.

(GINA looks at MIRI and smiles.)

GINA - Well thanks again yall. You got Miri's cell phone if you need us.

MIRI - Yeah.

SETH - Oh go ahead already! We'll be fine.

(GINA bends down.)

GINA - Bye handsome. Mommy and Daddy will be back to see you tomorow okay?

(The baby reaches up and grabs her by the neck. She picks him up and hugs him.)

GINA - Awww, good night precious.

(She tries to hand the baby to KIM and MIGIRI starts to cry.)

MIRI thinks - Oh boy, here we go!

MIRI - Come on babe, let's go before he really realizes what's going on.

SETH - He'll be fine. Go ahead.

(SETH takes him from GINA.)

SETH - See yall later.

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

(GINA looks back as if she should stay.)

MIRI - Come on babe, let's go.

GINA - Okay.

(She turns and slowly closes the door.)

KIM - Come on Migiri, let's play or something.

MIGIRI - Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

SETH - Okay okay okay...

(SETH puts him on the floor and grabs one of his toys.)

SETH - Here... here!

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

(He grabs the toy and throws it.)

MIGIRI - Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

KIM - Uh... uh... Seth where's his pacifier or whatever!

SETH - He don't have no pacifier! He's too old for that. I don't even know why they still pushing him around in a stroller!

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

SETH - Okay okay! Um... here here...

(SETH holds his keys out and shakes them. MIGIRI stops crying and looks at them. SETH shakes them again and the baby reaches out for them.)

SETH - See, that wasn't so hard.

(He gives them to the baby.)

KIM - Good! Whew that crying will drive you crazy!

SETH - Yeah I see why they were so hard pressed to go... hey hey!

(The baby is putting the keys in his mouth. SETH grabs them and takes them away.)

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

(SETH looks at KIM as she closes her ears.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUCK and GINGER are talking to one another on the dance floor.

(GINGER spins around to show herself off.)

GINGER - So you like my skirt?

BUCK - I mean...

(BUCK looks her up and down as she smiles at him.)

BUCK - Its short. Mad short.

GINGER - Well duh! Ha ha ha ha ha.

BUCK - Its too short.

GINGER - Huh?

BUCK - Its way too short. I don't even see how you can breathe in that without it raising up.

(silence)

GINGER - Come here boy.

(GINGER starts to walk off the dance floor.)

BUCK thinks - Walk the other way Buck, don't follow her. Do not follow her.

(BUCK follows GINGER off the dance floor. They walk over to an area that has chairs. She sits on a stool and crosses her legs.)

GINGER - Okay, let me give you a lesson on fashion my tall friend. Yes this skirt is short. But its made that way.

BUCK - Okay...

GINGER - What I mean is, its designed to be short and not to show whats underneath. So I can move all I want. Unless someone feels like getting down on the floor and looking up to see what's up...

(She laughs.)

GINGER - ...unless you wanna go through all that trouble, you won't see anything.

BUCK - Oh.

GINGER - And if a brother wants to go through all that trouble, I might just give him what I got on underneath!

(BUCK laughs.)

BUCK thinks - Okay, that is my signal to leave!

(BUCK looks at her legs which are crossed right beside him.)

GINGER - And let me take it a step further. Make it more personal.

BUCK - Okay.

GINGER - These skirts nowadays are made with the panties built in.

BUCK - Huh?

GINGER - Okay, this one I have on now has underwear already in them. So all I gotta do is step in and voila. All covered.

BUCK - Okay I think this is too much information.

GINGER - Oh calm down. Its no big deal. Like I said, its built in.

BUCK - So wait...

(BUCK looks around and barely recognizes anyone. He looks back at GINGER.)

BUCK - So you got on nothing... but this skirt?

GINGER - Well yeah, I mean no. I mean... what?

BUCK - I'm asking... if the panties are built in, then you don't need your own.

GINGER - Now you're getting it Sherlock!

BUCK thinks - Leave now! I can't talk to you anymore! I cannot talk to you anymore! Stop looking at me like that!

BUCK - Like I said, that is way too much information.

(GINGER laughs.)

GINGER - Don't you have a sister?

BUCK - I mean yeah but whoa! I don't know what the hell she got goin' on underneath!

(GINGER laughs again.)

GINGER - Well what about June? I know you know the deal with her. She dresses pretty sheek and casual.

BUCK - June? No she doesn't. June is jeans and a t shirt twenty four seven. That's why I love her. Just down to earth.

GINGER - Well thats cool.

BUCK - Yeah, she don't get into short stuff like this.

GINGER - She should. She has a great figure. She should show it off.

BUCK - Only to me! Only to me!

(They both laugh.)

GINGER - Right right.

(silence)

GINGER - Well ask her about the skirts with the built in panties. She'll know.

BUCK - No she won't.

GINGER - Sure she will. You'd be surprised what women keep up with in fashion.

BUCK - Naw man, I'm tellin' you. June really aint into fashion like that. She really aint. She aint even into thongs at all. She aint even into it.

GINGER - What! She don't wear thongs? Ever?

BUCK - Nope. Never. She aint into that.

GINGER - Oh gosh, I wear thongs every day! I would die without my thongs.

BUCK - Every day?

GINGER - Heck yeah. Panty lines are for the birds. Bump that. When thongs came out, I was the happiest chick around.

BUCK - Shit, you weren't happier than me!

(BUCK laughs.)

GINGER - I know, all guys love em. You should tell June to wear em more often.

BUCK - More often? She don't wear em at all.

GINGER - Wow. So you never see em huh?

BUCK - Only when a girl's jeans are riding low like how most of these chicks on campus do.

(GINGER smiles.)

GINGER - That's too bad.

(silence)

(silence)

(silence)

(GINGER hops up off her chair.)

GINGER - Come on man.

(She grabs his hand.)

BUCK - Where we goin'?

GINGER - Just cuz you're like a brother to me... you my boy, I got somethin' to show ya.

BUCK - Something to show me?

(GINGER smiles.)

GINGER - Yep. Let's take a quick run to my place. Its only a few minutes away. I got a new thong with studs in it. Looks like diamonds on a string. You're gonna love it! Come on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANE is in the student center lounge waiting on his frat brother to show up.

(BANE looks out the window at the yard. He then looks at the door for KEN.)

BANE thinks - Oh damn, look at her. She got a fat...

KEN - Wassup man.

(BANE turns around.)

BANE - Frat, wassup. I didn't even see you coming in.

KEN - That's because you were looking at her!

(They laugh as they grip each other.)

KEN - What's going on? Why the emergency meeting?

BANE - No emergency bruh... I just missed ya!

KEN Shut up.

(They both laugh.)

BANE - Naw but on the real, I need to holla at you man.

KEN - Wassup?

BANE - I feel like I got disrespected man. By the Ahpla bros.

KEN - Huh?

BANE - Yeah, frat just openly disrespected me and I really don't know how to handle it.

KEN - Wait, you're serious?

BANE - Yes, in all seriousness.

(KEN loses his smile.)

KEN - What happened? Did something go down?

BANE - Naw naw, it wasn't anything crucial, its just... well let me just tell you what happened.

KEN - Aight.

BANE - See, I had gone over there because Larry called me. Bros were getting together to talk about some shit and I was gonna hang out with them afterward.

KEN - Okay.

BANE - Yeah, you know they got some boys about to start so me and Rob been talking to a few of them. You know, hanging out with Larry.

KEN - Okay.

BANE - So anyway, I go over there just because Larry calls me, and them niggas...

HOLLY - Hey frat!

(BANE and KEN look up.)

KEN - Hey girl, what's goin' on?

HOLLY - Chillin' chillin'.

(HOLLY sits down.)

HOLLY - What yall talkin' bout?

(BANE and KEN look at one another.)

KEN - Talkin' bout the Pistons, I can't believe they won.

HOLLY - I know! Is that not crazy? Man!

(silence)

HOLLY - So what else is going on?

BANE thinks - Oh God! This blabbermouth! Just leave!

KEN - Nothin' much girl.

(silence)

(silence)

HOLLY - So...

KEN - So.

(silence)

HOLLY - Know any juicy gossip?

(KEN laughs.)

BANE - Holly got dam!

(HOLLY turns to BANE surprised at his serious tone.)

BANE - Why don't you stop trying to get up in everybody's business all the time? Damn!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SETH and KIM have decided to babysit for MIRI and GINA. But now are having second thoughts.

MIGIRI - Mommyyyyyyyyyyyy! I want my Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!

(MIGIRI rolls over on his back and starts to kick and scream.)

SETH - Okay maybe he'll do this until he gets tired and falls asleep!

KIM - Heck no! That may take hours!

SETH - Well you got a better idea?

KIM - Can we shoot him?

MIGIRI - Waaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

SETH - Hey man, let's play a game! Let's play a g... what the heck is that smell!

KIM - Oh shoot! He pooted!

SETH - No I think he has to be changed!

KIM - Whoa! Well I aint doin' it!

SETH - Come on Kim! I don't know how to do it!

KIM - And I'm just supposed to...

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

KIM - ...know how becuase I'm a girl or something?

SETH - Yeah!

KIM - Forget that! You're on your own with this one! Didn't Miri show you?

SETH - No! Come on!

KIM - Hey, it's your line brother's kid!

SETH - Like he aint your frat too! Stop trippin'!

MIGIRI - Waaaaa! Waaaa! Waaaaa! Waaaaaa! Waaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaa!

SETH - At least if we clean him up, he may quiet down!

KIM - Okay okay! Anything for quiet!

SETH - The bag is over there! Grab it!

(SETH lays the baby down and starts to take his pants off as KIM grabs the bag and brings it over.)

SETH - Okay, um... he said you want to wipe him down, clean him up and put powder on... oh gosh!

(SETH opens the diaper and it is full... very full.)

SETH - Ewwww!

KIM - Wow that stinks!

(SETH scoops it up and quicky puts it in the garbage.)

SETH - Okay wipe his ass!

KIM - Don't curse in front of the baby!

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

SETH - Shut up and wipe his butt!

KIM - You don't want to corrupt him! What if he says the a...s...s word in front of...

(MIGIRI starts to pee and it goes directly into KIM's hair.)

KIM - Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Dammit!

MIGIRI - Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaa! Waaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Aaaaaaa!

(SETH starts to laugh.)

KIM - Oh its funny huh! Shut up and wipe his ass!

(KIM starts to take her pony tail out as SETH laughs again. MIGIRI gets his hands on the baby powder and throws it. It hits SETH and powder goes everywhere.)

SETH - Hey!

KIM - See, that's what you get!

MIGIRI - Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

KIM - Seth we need to get him quiet!

SETH - Tell me something I don't know Kim!

KIM - But I need him quiet so I can talk to you!

SETH - Well talk to me now because this kid aint shuttin' up!

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

SETH - What you wanna talk about?

(SETH holds him up by his feet to wipe his butt while he is kicking.)

KIM - I need to ask you...

SETH - Why is this kid so big!

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

KIM - ...a few questions...

SETH - Shouldn't he be potty trained or something?

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

KIM - ...about Ahmad.

SETH - What?

MIGIRI - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLLY - What?

BANE - Why don't you stop trying to get up in everybody's mix! You need to chill on that.

HOLLY- What are you talking about?

BANE - Everybody knows you as that nosey chick! I mean damn, your reputation on campus is the bitch that nobody wants to talk to.

HOLLY - What!

BANE - I aint trying to call you out your name, I'm just saying. Nobody likes to continue conversations around you because they know you like to gossip so damn much. That shit aint cool.

HOLLY - You trippin'! Everybody talks about stuff.

BANE - No they don't. How you gonna just come out your face and ask if we know some juicy gossip?

HOLLY - I was just playing.

BANE - No you weren't!

(BANE laughs but HOLLY is taking offense.)

HOLLY - No really, I was joking.

KEN - Holly, no you weren't.

HOLLY - Oh you think I'm a gossip too?

KEN - Everybody does. I have to admit.

HOLLY - Well!

(HOLLY starts to grab her things.)

BANE - Oh stop being all dramatic. Damn, chill out.

HOLLY - Whatever.

(She gets up.)

KEN - Hey Holly, no hard feelings girl. You know we love you soror!

HOLLY - Bump yall!

(She's being sarcastic.)

KEN - Bye Holly!

(She waves over her head as she walks out of the room.)

KEN - Why you have to go there with her?

BANE - Cuz man! Shit, somebody needs to tell that nosey bitch to chill out! Damn!

(KEN laughs.)

BANE - I almost forgot what the hell I was talking about!

KEN - The Ahpla bros.

BANE - Oh yeah, shit! So anyway, I go over there because Larry calls me. So I get up in there and when I get up in the meeting, they make me leave!

KEN - Make you leave?

BANE - Yeah, they asked me to leave the room. Like I wasn't frat or something!

KEN - What did they say?

BANE - Some bull about having to discuss some issues or something and I had to leave the room. I was like, damn man! What the heck?

KEN - Who told you?

BANE - Reg.

KEN - Really? He is normally mad cool!

BANE - Well he wasn't then! And mad bros backed him up. Quinton too.

KEN - Are you serious?

BANE - Yeah man!

(silence)

KEN - Damn.

BANE - Yeah, that's some shit huh?

KEN - Well maybe there was a good reason. Maybe they had some stuff to handle in house.

BANE - In house? This is one house. The house of Alpha!

KEN - Well...

BANE - I mean, we were taught to be brotherly and fraternal. No matter what. This is one house. One house.

KEN - I hear ya.

(BANE turns away upset.)

(silence)

KEN - So what you gonna do?

(silence)

(silence)

BANE - I don't know...

(silence)

BANE - But just know that I'm pissed... and that's not good... being that they got a line coming out. It just aint good.

No comments: